Speaking about the problems with potency, men often mean the lack or partial loss of erection. The risk of this disease are more prone to men of Mature and advanced age. However, there is a diametrically opposite problem – a high potency in men. How is the limit of normal, and the treated disease?
What is the disease?
The term "potency" refers to not only sexual intercourse, but pleasure women sexually, the ability to conceive a child. A disease in which men there is a persistent erection is called priapism. It develops on the background of existing pathology in the body and cause serious complications without treatment. Not to be confused with the phenomenon of increased erections after taking stimulants with a long and painful potency, not disappearing after a perfect sexual intercourse.
Hepatitis is a disease that requires urgent medical care. He is exposed to about 0.2% of men who suffer from sexual disorders or certain diseases. The age of the victim no matter encounter him even in childhood.
The disease is caused by disorders of blood circulation in the penis, and causes can be very different:
- Psychological – increased potency may be a contributing factor for nervous and mental disorders: neurosis, epilepsy.
- Neurogenic – the impetus to serve the pathology of the spinal cord and brain, organ injury, cancer, encephalitis.
- Somatic – include such leukemia, allergic reactions and anemia.
- Intoxication – increase the erection which are blood breakdown products of alcohol, narcotic substances and psychotropic drugs.
- Drug – condition provokes long-term use of antidepressants, psychostimulants, and drugs to increase potency.
- Hormonal – increased testosterone level leads to an increase in sexual desire.
Sexual intercourse it does not reduces the erection, and accompanied by pain. Penis it looks tight and tense, and head hanging. After a while it becomes blue, the foreskin swelling significantly.
Pathology or norm
Increased potency at a young age is a normal variant. This man feels no discomfort or pain if any. If it occurs on the background of stagnation, the symptoms depend on their duration: an erection may occur for no reason, not to stop after sexual intercourse or Masturbation. The degree of pain is at all different from mild to pronounced.
In pathology of the erection may be from 4 hours to several months. While the penis is bent in an arc shape in the direction of the abdomen. In this regard, processes of urination and defecation.
There is also chronic priapism, sleep priapism. It is found less frequently and treated quite difficult. With the development of this type of disease the man experiences a painful erection in my sleep. She is of short duration, some seconds or minutes. In the morning the man remembers what happened. It is a disruption of the sleep phases, their depth, which in turn leads to neuro-psychological problems. Needs treatment by a neurologist to prevent the development of neuroses, depression, schizophrenia.
The reasons for increased testosterone
Normal total testosterone is considered: 11-33 nmol/l, free – to 4.5-42 PG/ml.
The hormone is responsible for increasing physical attraction, the synthesis of sperm, muscle growth, balanced development of the musculoskeletal system involved in the metabolism of calcium and nitrogen.
Indicators of testosterone vary during the day: the highest value in the morning, smallest in the evening. At its fluctuations in the amount is also affected by physical activity, Smoking, emotional state.
Signs of improvement
Mature men imbalance hormone is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- emotional instability;
- sleep disorders;
- increased excitability;
- long-lasting erection;
- excessive growth of hair over the entire body surface, except the head;
What affects the level of testosterone in the body
There are physiological reasons for failure (violation of the regime of the day, malnutrition) and somatic (adrenal disease, genetic anomalies).
The impetus can serve the following States:
- the disease Itsenko-Kushinga, arising from the imbalance in the adrenal glands;
- prostate adenoma;
- cancer of the testicles;
- the similarity of women;
- early puberty;
- regular intake of steroids.
High levels of testosterone harms men the body, causing a number of pathologies in the body. In addition to the violations in the sexual sphere, it contributes to the development of:
- diseases of the liver and biliary tract;
- abnormalities in the cardiovascular system;
- the prostate enlargement;
- increase cholesterol;
- the metabolic disorders;
- reduction of concentration and attention.
Did you know that men with excess indications of the level of testosterone in the blood to exhaust their physiological reserve before, and therefore faster aging.
What tests need to pass?
The primary inspection is complete collection of information about the patient (anamnesis), external examination of the external genitalia. Special attention is paid to concomitant diseases, which could have an indirect effect on the increased potency.
Prior to the passage of the instrumental diagnosis seems blood to determine the level of testosterone in the blood. Recommendations for blood donation:
- The analysis is taken on an empty stomach. The last meal 8 hours, two days should be deleted reception alcohol, Smoking.
- Also, before you check the level of hormone needed emotional and physical rest.
- Medications consistent with the doctor hormonal agents are contraindicated.
- Examination better to go before 11am as the highest level of hormone in the blood observed in the morning.
If the rate is exceeded, need further examination. To exclude the presence of the tumor, determine the number:
- special hormone (ACTH);
- of growth hormone (GH);
- prolactin and estrogen.
Additional research methods include the study of thyroid gland, ultrasound examination of the organ, ultrasound examination of abdominal organs, magnetic resonance imaging of the brain, electrocardiogram, biochemical blood analysis. After a complete examination, you may need to consult a psychologist, psychotherapist.
In identifying organic diseases, which influence on the increase of potency, it is necessary to eliminate the root cause of the deviation. Only symptomatic treatment to alleviate the condition at the time.
With the development of pathological conditions it is necessary to consult a doctor. Therapy may be conservative and traditional. Most often, the condition is reversible, and the reason for his provocative psychological. But to exclude physical illness you must consult the urologist.
Sometimes to normalize hormone levels enough to undo drug that stimulates the production of testosterone, for example, nutritional Supplements. Chronic administration of steroids may need hormone replacement therapy.
If the patient asked for help of a specialist in the first phase of development of the disease effective will be the appointment of a puncture of the cavernous bodies of the penis. To do this, remove tissue swelling with ice, then drain the excess blood. As a medication treatment used sedatives and adrenergic receptors.
When medicine can not cope with the task, shows a speedy resolution. Surgery to improve the outflow of blood from the penis.
Unconventional ways to control the potency
Means of alternative medicine are used in the absence of somatic pathology, and, after consultation with the doctor. Popular wild herbs and plants have a complex effect:
- Excess testosterone mint neutralizes. The menthol contained in it reduces the activity of spermatozoa.
- St. John's wort – a plant increases blood pressure, the systematic application of the reduces the potency, accelerates ejaculation.
- Melissa and oregano reduce libido in men.
- Motherwort, Valerian due to the sedative effects calming effect on the nervous system and prevent excessive stimulation.
- Licorice root is not only a General tonic but also reduces the production of the hormone.
Recipe for a healthier broth
Ability to remove toxins from the body has the tea from the flowers of clover, peppermint, Valerian, Linden, licorice and hops. Herbs taken in equal proportions and pour boiling water. After 3 hours, ready to drink: take half a Cup three times a day. The course of treatment – 2 weeks.
Enhance the operation of traditional medicine and the correct mode of the day, a well-arranged menu. To improve the quality of life and restore their health, you must follow certain rules:
- To normalize the mode of work and rest. Sleep should be complete.
- To avoid stressful situations.
- Jogging, swimming – stress on the heart good for health, but strength training to minimize.
- Sex life should be regular.
- Food has a big impact on hormone levels in the blood. To reduce it, one should give preference to vegetable food rich in protein (legumes); natural oils – particularly useful linen; dairy products of high fat content; and pomegranate, apples and grapes. All of these ingredients can neutralize the level of testosterone due they contained a special substance.
At the same time, sweets, pastries, potatoes are excluded before the appearance of positive dynamics.
Almost always, after drinking alcohol, men there is an increased need of intimacy, associated with excessive excitation. A small number of degrees in the blood makes it more relaxed, improves potency and increases the level of excitation. When I had drunk too much, increased libido occurs as a result of the production of mediators. They provoke sexual attraction on a primitive level.
What happens if you don't get treatment
Do not be afraid of worsening the problems, the opportunities to hurt yourself. The consequences of increased potency lead to permanent changes in the male body. Special health hazards are:
- reduced liver functions;
- benign prostate disease;
- sexual dysfunction;
- increase of level of cholesterol;
- the development of thromboembolism, heart attack;
- the development of diabetes;
- psycho-emotional disorder.
In the presence of a persistent erection, which causes pain, consult a doctor immediately. Well-timed treatment will relieve symptoms and prevent complications.