Increased potency in men after 40 years is an urgent task not only for men but also for physicians. Annually developed a large Arsenal of drugs designed to restore potency or to hold it to maturity.
The potency in the elderly
Any sexual disorders and serve as a motivation for the development of mental disorders. Sexual health is the basis not only for emotional well-being, but also for individuals, so the question of potency always comes first. Long duration sexual disorder leads to the formation of neurotic changes, which by their power can come to the fore.
Undoubtedly, the age affects the quality and duration of erections in men. It is noticed that in older men reduced blood flow, hormone levels of testosterone, significantly deteriorates the elasticity of vascular walls, as well as the sensitivity of nerve endings. Despite this, these natural changes in the body can not lead to erectile dysfunction, if men have no other chronic diseases. Therefore, the experts believe that the main reason of impotence lies in the presence of another somatic disease.
Reduced potency after 40 years, almost always associated with the presence of hypertension, atherosclerosis or diabetes.
All these diseases lead to vascular changes. Decreases their elasticity, the lumen narrows, the needs of the body for oxygen and its delivery do not match each other, so there comes oxygen starvation of organs. So, up to 40-50 years, about half of men have atherosclerotic changes in vessels, severely affected the blood flow.
How does the potency after 40 years
For men after 40 years is characterized by hormonal changes, namely decreases the synthesis of testosterone. Previously, it was called male menopause, now they use another term "hypogonadism". This refers to the decrease in the level of androgenic hormones with age. The decreased production of hormone is gradual, even in old age a small number enter the bloodstream. In 40 years, approximately 17% of men suffer from reduced testosterone levels, which they have in the form of lower potency.
Signs of impotence in men at age 40 begin to emerge when the testosterone level reaches the lower limit of normal. But hypogonadism can begin at any age. The specific symptoms of lower male hormone levels do not exist, all the manifestations of the individual.
After 30 years of age the process of aging men. Signs of decreased production of hormone can be the following:
- Disorders of the genitourinary system.
- Reduced ability of males to fertilize.
- Changes and the autonomic nervous system, vascular tone: men also experience hot flushes, the face reddens, becomes hot, can the blood rush to the upper torso.
- There are fluctuations in blood pressure, having feelings of lack of air.
- Hormonal changes can not touch and emotional state: the man becomes irritable, fatigue occurs much faster than before, worried about insomnia. A man in a state of hypogonadism prone to depression, they have reduced performance, deteriorating health.
- Hormonal imbalance leads to behaviours such as reduction of muscle mass, is visceral obesity, abdominal type of obesity, the skin becomes thinner and atrophies thins hair.
Increased potency in men after 40
Male potency after 45 years fails. But not all men are subjected to irreversible changes in the body, there are groups of risk in which a hormonal balance occurs earlier:
- Those men, who in adolescence were violations in puberty.
- Diseases of the genital organs. It can be both at birth and during puberty.
- Surgical intervention on the genitals or injury.
- Diseases that are transmitted sexually and are "raised" eggs.
- Chronic pathology of any organs. It can be diabetes mellitus, coronary artery disease, hypertension, and unhealthy habits like alcoholism and Smoking.
Men's health after age 40 is highly susceptible to a harmful factor. If a man leads a healthy lifestyle, impotence at an early age does not threaten him.
How to treat low potency?
Reduced potency after 40 years is an irreversible phenomenon. But still, on the basis of the causes of erectile dysfunction, treatment. It is often hormone replacement therapy, if no contraindications. To do this, use synthetic hormone testosterone. The scheme of treatment is calculated individually. The drug is administered in the form of injections, patches, pills. The result of treatment with hormones is the increased libido, sexual satisfaction. As observations show, the men after hormone therapy disappear or decrease psycho-emotional disorders, vascular disorders. If testosterone get more than a year, increases bone density, decreasing the incidence of fractures.
In recent years, the most promising and effective in terms of treatment are phosphodiesterase inhibitors. They are similar in composition and action, are selected based on the individual characteristics of the organism.
Potency after 40 years, rather, is a consequence of the lifestyle and concerns of men about their health, than a result of aging.